DIY Rose water: Benefits and Uses for skin and hair
The fresh fragrance of roses infused in water is the best thing you can give to your skin. The benefits are plenty but the ultimate quality is that it suits all skin types. Whether you have acne, dry skin or a sensitive one, this will always be there to help you with its tremendous benefits. It’s because of its calming properties and natural essence that it has been used since ancient times in beauty and skin care regime. In this article, we will learn the DIY Rose water, learn about its benefits and plenty of uses.
Benefits of Rose water
- It helps control the excess oil on the skin and maintains the PH balance of the skin.
- Benefits can also be seen in skin hydration. It helps in treating dull skin and give it a fresh look.
- It also has anti-bacterial properties. Due to these properties that it shows benefits on cuts and scars.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Rose water make it beneficial for acne prone skin.
- It soothes the irritated skin. The benefit includes calming the irritation naturally.
- Acting like a cleanser, it benefits the skin by removing all the dirt.
- Rose water has also shown benefits in stopping the early signs of aging.
- Other benefits involve better sleep and mood enhancer. All thanks to the refreshing fragrance.
- Antioxidants present in it helps repair the skin cells. It also benefits by rejuvenating the skin tissues.
DIY Rose water
Now all these benefits that we have just stated only work if you have the purest form of it. Needless to say, all cosmetic products that come in the market are big claims less deliverable kinds. There are some good brands as well in the market which give good quality Rose water. We will be talking about the brands later. Let’s learn the DIY method..
To make the homemade pure Rose water, take the rose petals and wash them through the water to make sure the dust and residue are removed. It is very important to wash the petals thoroughly to get the maximum benefits of Rose Water. Now add these petals in a pan and fill the bowl with distilled water just enough to cover the petals.
Keep this on medium to low flame for some time as we need to boil the roses to get all the benefits of our purest form. The moment you see the color of roses coming into the water and petals turning dull, remove the pan from flame. Let this water simmer for about half an hour. Now strain the water and remove the Rose petals from it. These Rose petals can be dried and used as a room freshener. Pour the water into a spray bottle and go ahead get all the benefits from your 100% pure Rose water.
Uses of Rose water
As a Toner
Once you pour the water in a spray bottle, you can use it as your morning toner. Spray it all over your face and dab with a cotton pad. The benefits of a toner double if you use Rose water like it.
As a makeup remover
Rose water also benefits as a makeup remover. The chemicals in your make up products can dry out the skin and after removal can leave it lifeless. Its use as makeup remover makes sure every bit of makeup is out of your face and your skin stays hydrated and glowing. To double up the benefits, it should be coupled with glycerine.
To treat Frizzy hair
The combination of Glycerine and Rose water benefits not only the skin but hair as well. Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage well. Keep it there for about an hour and wash your hair. The lustrous in your hair will speak for itself.
Soak cotton balls in Rose water and keep them on your eyes. Benefits of soaked cotton balls for puffy eyes are unmatchable. In just a few minutes your eyes will feel light and relaxed. It is also the best way to use Rose water to induce good sleep.
Wait no more! Go make your own pure form and get the best of benefits! For more DIYs, follow us on Facebook.