What should your Hospital Bag for delivery contain!
Becoming a mother is the most precious and life-changing experience for a woman. A woman not only changes physically but emotionally as well. Speaking of becoming a mother, pregnancy is the first thing that strikes. The time when a new life is growing inside you is heavenly. There are a lot of things a lot of do’s and don’ts that are often stated to a pregnant woman. There are a lot of questions that often comes in the mind of a pregnant woman. One such thought is related to the “Hospital Bag for delivery”.
The moment 9th month starts, every pregnant woman begins to worry a lot about delivery. The curiosity, excitement and a little fear all start coming altogether. But there is something else as well that you should be prepared with. Hospital Bag for delivery should be kept ready with all the essentials in it. The bag contains all the things that you might need during your labor, delivery and post delivery. The moment you start getting contractions, you need to rush to the doctor. It is obviously not the time to look for things you need in the hospital.
It’s always better to make a checklist of things that you need. Everything that you think you need which might sound useless to others should be there in that bag. Let’s make a checklist right here.
- Documents: Hospital registration form, all your reports from previous doctor visits, a Photo ID, insurance information. Keep these documents together in a clear bag and it goes in first thing in your bag.
- Phone and Charger: A phone is a necessity in today’s world. A lot of information is stored in them. Other than the calls and texts that you might want to have to do, you might as well want to make use of some apps.
- Toiletries: All good hospitals provide you with basic toiletries all the time. But its always good to carry your own things. Here are the things: Toothbrush, Toothpaste, wet wipes, Dry tissues, Body wash, and some clean towels.
- Hair essentials: You might want to tie your hair up and get some breathers. Carry headband and a couple of hair ties with you.
- A Robe/Sleepwear: Do not forget to pack your easy breezy clothes in your Hospital bag for delivery. Also, get an extra pair in case you would have to wait a little longer.
- For your feet: Pack a pair of flip flops or just a pair of socks to make it easy for you to walk around.
- Baby Clothes: What will you want you’re newborn to be wrapped in? Get that outfit ready and packed in the bag.
- Nursing Bra: Once the baby arrives, you need the nursing bras off course. Carry at least two.
- Eatables: Pack a box of dry nuts or some sugar candy to keep your mouth moist during the labor.
- Just in Case: in case you have a habit of lying down on your own bedsheet or your own pillow, well you can pack them too!
You can add and subtract the items as per your needs and likings. Enjoy the time and make the best of each moment. All the best!
For more parenting articles, click here